Child Custody Is One Of The Most Disputed Topics In Divorce
When parents cannot agree on custody arrangements, the court will decide on what is in the “best interest of the child” and make a custody decision based on a number of different factors. These factors may include:
- The parent’s wishes
- The child’s wishes (depending on age and maturity level)
- How the child interacts with both parents and their home environment
- The mental and physical health of all parties involved
- Whether or not there has been a history of domestic violence in the past
- The willingness of each parent to foster and nurture their child
At The Barhaugh Law Firm, P.C., in Naperville, attorney Darran Barhaugh represents all types of families engaged in Illinois child custody disputes and seeks to provide effective legal guidance that will benefit all parties. He believes each parent deserves a chance in building a connection with their child, and if it is within the best interest of the child, he will help to protect those parental rights.
The Barhaugh Law Firm, P.C. can help you understand which custody options are available to you.
Contact A Knowledgeable Child Custody Attorney To Learn More
Contact The Barhaugh Law Firm, P.C., if you would like to learn more about your child custody options. Attorney Darran Barhaugh will answer your questions and provide you with experienced legal counsel for all your family law concerns. Call 630-689-1778 or send an email to schedule a free initial consultation with attorney Darran Barhaugh directly.